Thursday 27 June 2013

Happy First Birthday To ME!... I mean To 100FD!

Happy Birthday to my blog,
Happy Birthday to my blog,
Happy Birthday dear 100 first drafts,
Happy Birthday to my blog

(just consider yourself lucky I didn't record it with audio!)


Welcome to the First Birthday Party of 100 First Drafts 

Why am I making such a big deal about this?

Because 97% of blogs fail. 

How does a blog fail? 

Well, the blogger just stops blogging. Whatever they hoped to achieve didn't happen, and they just stop writing. 

According to some not properly cited research from the web, most bloggers actually give up within the first 3 months. 

Further, most of the top bloggers say that it really takes a year before things start to take off. 

I survived three months, and now that I've hit the year, I'm planning how to take 100 FD further than every before. 


In the last year I've had: 
 
165 Posts. Surprisingly I have that much to say. 

12000 page views,  just on the 1,000 a month. According to more reliable web research, this is better than the majority of blogs out there, sad as that sounds.

And 45 faithful followers and currently 14 RSS subscribers. 

That might sound pretty lame to those who are aiming for the big time, but I have two reasons for listing it out.

1. I appreciate each and every one of my followers and subscribers. Thanks for sticking around for a year. 

2. I'm now a year old. In another year I'm going to look back and see exactly how far I've come. 

You can expect big things over the next year because 100 First Drafts is not going away!


Exciting News:

My exciting news, which is not yet totally confirmed but I can hint at: I'm getting out of full time work and going to be spending more time on my writing, my blogging, and developing The Buffy Group. 

Exciting, no? 

So happy birthday to my blog, and stick around for another year because there will be more great tips on how you can become a prolific writer. 

 
 


 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! I hope there are many more to come :)

    ReplyDelete